Saturday, July 25, 2015

What a week

Simone's blood counts didn't look to great on Tuesday so instead of chemotherapy she received blood and platelets and had to return on Wednesday.

Recommended levels Tue, 21 July 2015 Thu, 23 July 2015 Fri, 24 July 2015
Haemoglobin 12.1-16.3 8 7.1 10.5
Platelets 150-450 227 117 95
White cell count 3.92-9.88 2 3.52 3.45
Potassium 3.5-5.1 4.2 4.4 4.3
Neutrophils 2.0-7.5 1 2.43 2.36
Infection count 2.0-7.5 2 1.2 1.2
Fibrinogen 1.0-1.25 1   1.15

After chemotherapy on Wednesday the doctors were still concerned about her levels so she was admitted to hospital. She got a room with a lovely view, but she would rather break out and go home if she was given half a chance ...

Room with a view
She received another two pints of blood on Wednesday evening taking her past midnight before she could finally get some shut eye.

Simone is not happy with being confined to a hospital room again but it is necessary to keep her safe.

Kylee (16) is in the same ward as Simone and also fighting Leukemia. Please add her to your prayer list. She and her mum Rae is also at the hospital.

Gabz from Assumption organised a blood drive at school for friday. Parents, ex-learners, current students and anyone else interested could come a donate at the 'Blood for a beauty' drive yesterday. She added a list of 13 names, and that is only the ones she saw with her own eyes in between classes. A few were rejected due to anaemia. What an awesome effort girls ...


Assumption blood drive
Updates were made to the Simone's challenge and Love blanket pages as well. Current tally for blog visits is standing on 5043. Keep looking and praying when you do. 

A new page Vaal visit and party will be added soon, keep yours eyes open for that one.

If I have missed anyone on the Simone's challenge list please let me know, it was not intentionally.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Simone I've been following your story and checking the website every morning and every night checking how you are I really miss you. I'm doing a speech on you the topic is what inspires you .I really miss you old friend ... I miss you tons . I cried the day my mom told me about you. I couldn't eat for a week. I hope you get better soon... Lots of love Sydney Shannon xxx

    ReplyDelete